Improve Your Writing Skills
Improve Your Writing Instruction
Join us on October 11, 2012.
“Hot Topics in Academic Writing” is a free 1-day writing workshop for K-12 teachers sponsored by the Four Corners Teaching American History project and the Land of Enchantment Teacher Quality Program, both projects administered by the Educator Support Center.
This workshop is open to all K-12 teachers in the following districts:
Aztec, Bloomfield, Chama, Central, Cuba, Dulce, Farmington, Jemez Mountain, Mesa Vista, Peñasco, and Questa
This free 1-day workshop is for you if
- You are working on your Professional Development Dossier
- You are taking higher education courses
- You require your students to write reports and papers
Space is limited to 25 teachers, so sign-up soon!
SIGN-UP / REGISTER HERE
Through presentation, discussion, and collaborative work, we will address these major topics:
- Sentence structure for clarity and conciseness
- Paragraphs that build an argument or develop an idea
- Transitions and flow
- Style and tone
- Removing “academese” while writing in a straightforward, scholarly manner
- Commas! (and other common punctuation and grammar difficulties)
- Questions you bring and other topics
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2012
Time: 9:00 a.m – 3:30 p.m.
Place: Sycamore Center, Farmington (MAP)
Participants will receive the e-Book Concise Guide to Academic and Technical Writing.
For more info, contact David Bowman, 505-603-3411, firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: David Bowman (yours truly), author of 300 Days of Better Writing, Zen Comma, Concise Guide to Technical and Academic Writing, Bang! Writing with Impact; top-rated writing instructor at the University of New Mexico Division of Continuing Education; chief editor of Precise Edit.